Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Topsy-turvy Maddie

I wake up last night, or this morning should I say, to some loud noises on my side of the bed.  I was thinking to myself, "dogs, seriously?!"  Well, I turn the light on, Maddie has the front half of her body under the bedside table...?  So, I get up and try to tell her to move around to the other side, seeing what was going on.  Then I notice, a spot of pee, no, two spots, no three, no four spots of pee!  "Maddie, really...?  You just went out like an hour and a half ago."  So, I'm preparing to clean up the pee, when I hear more banging and stumbling.  Maddie was walking around with not much control on where she was going.  She ran into the dresser, the bed, back into the dresser, almost into Amanda's bedside table.  No idea what was going on.  I took her outside because she was acting like she needed to pee again.  Which, she did, and poop, or it looked like it, but nothin much was comin out.  Sorry for the frankness of this post, this is kinda to help me remember what happened, so deal with it. :)  Then, after a minute or two, she started stumbling again.  Very ataxic in her hindend but really rigid in her front in... I got inside, get on here and start looking at a few things online, because I had a suspicion of what was going on, not sure though.  I read a little bit and then go back outside.  She's already much better.  Still salivating like a crazy person, but much more stable.
So, in conclusion, my best guess is that she was "playing" with a toad outside earlier when I let the girls out to use the bathroom before bed.  She has recently become fascinated with them and likes to paw at them and pick them up and move them around.  She must have played with one just enough to get a little of their toxin in her mouth and caused her to go quite loopy.  We will see how she does.  She fine now.  And yes, I meant to leave off the 's.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment